Week 37 – Baked Toast
This is the best comfort food and ideal for a Sunday morning breakfast.
Recipe – Baked Toast
4-5 slices of bread, any variety, stale bread is also fine
1 cup milk
1 tbsp sugar
raisins and walnuts, few (optional)
1 tbsp any fruit liqueur like cointreau, cherry or any other fruit based liqueur
1. Tear apart the bread slices.
2. Whisk the eggs and milk together with sugar. Mix in the liqueur
3. Soak the bread slices in them for 15-20 mins
4. Sprinkle with nuts and raisins
5. Bake it in a preheated oven at 170C for around 25 mins till firm to touch and has slightly browned on the sides.
Below is the click of my herb garden gifted by a dear friend of mine. Unfortunately the Basil plant is already dead but others are surviving pretty well. Oflate my interest has grown a lot in growing plants.