15 Minutes Fish Burger
Here’s a recipe after a really long time. I was inspired to prepare this after watching an episode of Jamie’s 15 Minute Meal. The recipe is also on his website , I modified it to replace some of the missing ingredients.
For the Burgers
4 – 5 burgers, slit, wholemeal is even better
4 – 5 white fish fillet, I have used seer fish, readily available in South India, it’s a sea fish similar to mackerel
Salt and Pepper
1/4 cup flour for dusting fish
pinch of chilli powder
pinch of dried herbs
Lettuce or any other greens for the assembly
For the Peas
500 gms frozen peas
1 potato, wedged with skin
a bunch of mint leaves
For the sauce
250 gms yoghurt
fresh herbs like basil or parsley
1 minced garlic
salt to taste
spritz of lemon juice
1. Add the frozen peas, potatoes with mint leaves and let it come to boil and peas are cooked for about 10 minutes. After they are boiled deskin the potatoes, keep aside.
2. Put the sliced buns in the oven to toast slightly in a moderate oven. Keep an eye and remove them after 5 minutes.
3. To prepare the fish drizzle the fillet with salt, pepper, dried herbs and then with flour. Shallow fry the fish till crisp. Squeeze over a bit of lemon juice.
4. Drain the peas and potatoes, puree them together with little bit of salt.
5. To make the sauce whip up the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and salt together.
6. To assemble pour the tarter sauce between the burger, pile up the lettuce leaves and the fish fillet. Serve with the peas.