I know perhaps all brownie recipes are the best. But this is surely the best one I have ever baked. I halved the recipe so I don’t overload on sugar and fat, but a tiny bit of this brownie is heavenly. It is also super easy to make, using only one bowl and bake it away in another prepared pan. Don’t forget using a parchment paper when baking it, as this will be super sticky and will not come off the pan, however well you dust it or non stick it is.
Recipe – Brownies (Makes around 8 small squares)
70 gms unsalted butter
40 gms good cocoa powder
30 gms of all purpose flour
120 gms of fine sugar
pinch of salt
Use your choice of extract – around 1/4 tsp – Vanilla, Almond or Peppermint
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Line a small square baking tray with double parchment paper, on opposite sides.
2. In a double boiler, mix together cocoa powder,butter, sugar and salt. Heat gently till every thing is melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly, should be warm to touch.
3. Add the egg, stirring quickly, till it gets emulsified in the butter cocoa mixture.
4. Add the extract and gently swirl in the flour till no white specs are seen.
5. Pour the mixture in the tray and tap it to smoother it out.
6. Bake for around 20 – 25 mins till a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs in the center. Don’t worry if this is not completely set, it will be slightly gooey when cooled. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for about an hour before slicing.