Day 19/365 – Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Wherever I go these days I always find Oatmeal raisin cookies on the menu. Mc Donald’s has a Oatmeal raisin cookie Smoothie and Subway has large Oatmeal cookies offerings with their subs. No wonder I wanted to try these. So posting a recipe as well after a long time. These cookies turned out to be really good and I tried baking them super large size just like in Subway.
Giant Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Recipe adapted from allrecipes)
1 and 1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup butter (about 1 and 1/2 stick)
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup raisins
1 and 1/4 cup plain flour
2 and 3/4 cup rolled oats
1 tbsp cinnamon syrup * or 1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1. Cream together butter and sugar till sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Add the eggs and beat after each addition. Add the cinnamon syrup.
3. Gently fold in the flour, salt.
4. Finally stir in oats and raisin.
5. For gaint cookies drop the mix on greased baking sheet about 3 tbsp worth of mix to make one cookie. Bake at 190 C for about 10 mins or till firm and set and golden at the edges. Cool completely.
* to make Cinnamon syrup simply boil 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water and 1 tbsp cinnamon for about 10 minutes. It should be thick. Let cool and strain. Store in a clean bottle. This keeps well at room temperature for couple of months. This is an excellent syrup to flavor coffees, use for all kinds of baking.
Step by Step
1. Creaming the butter and sugar
2. Beat in 2 eggs and Cinnamon syrup or Cinnamon Powder and Vanilla
3. Add in the flour and baking soda and Salt
4. Stir in the oats and raisin