I am not yet a professional photographer but it’s there in my future plans. Also I want to be an artist, a programmer, a visionary, a traveler, a designer, a dreamer and so much more. I am on my way towards all this and I want to keep a log of things I do with this blog and maybe future more blogs or websites. For now, this is pretty much my realization of dreams I have envisioned for myself.
I also take wedding, kids and food photography assignment in and around Bangalore, India. I can share my wedding and kids portfolio if you are interested. Feel free to write to me at my gmail id anshu18 or just drop in a comment on my posts.
I use the following equipment unless stated otherwise. I know the importance of EXIF and strobe information; because this is what I always look for when I am learning from other people’s work. Hope a knowledge of my equipment will help anyone trying to figure out their requirements for kind of photography they want to do. I also explain the lighting setup in most of my posts.
I am a Nikon lover. (Period!) No one can ever persuade me otherwise to switch brands.
– Nikon D90 D – SLR
– Nikon 35 mm EM Film Camera
Lens (all Prime currently)
– Nikon 50mm f/1.4G
– Nikon 85mm f/1.8G
– Nikon 60mm f/2.8D (Macro)
– Lensbaby Spark
– helios 44-2 58mm f2
– Nikon SB-400 AF Speedlight Flash
– Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control
– Sometimes i use a softbox homemade with a couple of CFL lights.
Retired lens (Given away or sold, My first encounter with SLR was with these lens)
– Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G
– Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
– Nikon 50mm f/1.4D
– Nikon 50mm f/1.8D
– Nikon 24mm f/2.8D
Wishlist (Last but not the least, my most lusted after equipment. You would ask why a list, though I want to have every Nikon glass on the planet, I wanted to be humble and highlight the ones which are my priority)
– New Nikon 20mm f/1.8G (wide angle, yet f/1.8 – for the aspiring landscape photographer in me)
– Nikon 135mm f/2 DC (for it’s fabulous bokeh)
– Nikon 70-200mm F/2.8G ED VR II (I really don’t have to justify this lens)
– Nikon 24-70mm F/2.8G ED Zoom (though not my priority, but who doesn’t want a 24-70)
– Nikon 105mm AF-S VR 105 f/2.8G (for it’s fabulous macro and portrait capability)
– Samyang 35mm F/1.4 (always wanted a 35 mm. Nikon 35, 1.4 is too expensive for a 35 range)